Boneless Rib of Beef (equivalent to 2 ribs)
Locally produced boneless rib of beef, marbled with fat makes this joint succulent as well as tender, with no bones to carve around it’s very easy to serve.
this joint will serve 8 – 10 people
and here is how to cook it;
Points to remember
- Season the joint with the crushed pepper and sea salt or a flavouring of your choice. English mustard is nice, rub onto the fat and flesh to evenly coat.
- Roast for 20 minutes at 220C/fan 200C/gas 7, then turn the oven down to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3. Cook for 20 minutes per 450g for medium/ 15 minutes per 450g for rare.
- Rest the meat for at least 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Slice the meat neatly away from the bone.
- Carve the joint into slices and serve.