Rib of Beef (on the bone) – 2 Ribs
This joint is marbeled with fat and has been dry aged for at least 21 days before reaching you, it cooks delightfully, imparting a sweet taste with the meat next to the bone! this joint
will serve approx 8 people.
and here is how to cook it;
Points to remember
- Season the joint with the crushed pepper and sea salt or a flavouring of your choice. English mustard is nice, rub onto the fat and flesh to evenly coat.
- Roast for 20 minutes at 220C/fan 200C/gas 7, then turn the oven down to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3. Cook for 20 minutes per 450g for medium/ 15 minutes per 450g for rare.
- Rest the meat for at least 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Slice the meat neatly away from the bone.
- Carve the joint into slices and serve.