Rib of Beef (on the bone) – 2 Ribs
This joint is marbeled with fat and has been dry aged for at least 21 days before reaching you, it cooks delightfully, imparting a sweet taste with the meat next to the bone! this joint
will serve approx 8 people.
and here is how to cook it;
Points to remember
- Season the joint with the crushed pepper and sea salt or a flavouring of your choice. English mustard is nice, rub onto the fat and flesh to evenly coat.
- Roast for 20 minutes at 220C/fan 200C/gas 7, then turn the oven down to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3. Cook for 20 minutes per 450g for medium/ 15 minutes per 450g for rare.
- Rest the meat for at least 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Slice the meat neatly away from the bone.
- Carve the joint into slices and serve.
Resting meat will make it more tender and juicy as it allows the juices to reabsorb evenly through it after cooking. Put your joint on a warm plate and cover it loosely with foil. Set aside for 30 minutes before carving it.