Rib of Beef on the bone (full 4 rib joint)
This beef will be dry aged for 21 days before reaching you, it is an absolute delight and wonderful table centre piece, a real treat.
and here is how to cook it;
Points to remember
- Season the joint with the crushed pepper and sea salt or a flavouring of your choice. English mustard is nice, rub onto the fat and flesh to evenly coat.
- Roast for 20 minutes at 220C/fan 200C/gas 7, then turn the oven down to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3. Cook for 20 minutes per 450g for medium/ 15 minutes per 450g for rare.
- Rest the meat for at least 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Slice the meat neatly away from the bone.
- Carve the joint into slices and serve.